[cvsnt] Re: Pitfall trapped after porting of CVS repository to CVSNT under UNIX

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Sat Jan 14 16:22:10 GMT 2006

Jan Giesen wrote:
> Due to the "tag" operation, the CVSNT server has reset the original
> permissions of the RCS file from e.g. "-r-xr-x---" to the default "-r--r--r"
> and has written the tag to the RCS file, but has not created a permission
> parameter in the RCS file. On the next check-out of the script, the execute
> permission was therefore lost.
[snip]

Would this option work as well? I'm not sure which is 'best' (for the
user or code), but might be another alternative:

3. Whenever rewriting the RCS file (e.g. from a tag operation) process
the GNU style FS exec bit into the RCS fields.  This should only ever
happen once on a file.

Just a thought.

--
Glen Starrett