[cvsnt] File Permissions problem

Albe k3rmit at libero.it
Mon Jan 16 14:02:53 GMT 2006

I'm sure this question has been made a thousand times, but is CVSUMASK
env variable still working in the actual cvsnt build??

I set it in my inetd daemon both with the use of /usr/bin/env and with a
self made script, but cvsnt still does write files umask 444.

This is the inetd line i first tried:

/cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/env  env
UMASK=007 /usr/bin/cvsnt -f authserver
/
But it didn't work. Then i found a suggestion on google about doing this
in inetd:

/cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/cvsnt_masked
cvsnt_masked -f authserver
/
This is cvsnt_masked:

/#!/bin/sh
umask 0007
CVSUMASK=007
export CVSUMASK
exec /usr/bin/cvsnt "$@"
/
I also found that in src/options.h.in there was a 002 UMASK_DFLT value,
which i thought is the default one, as written in the file.

I investigated a bit more and found that mask is created as 444 in the
code, ignoring the default value.

Am i wrong in all or just some of the above assumptions and tries?

Please help!!!

Thanks

alberto