[cvsnt] Re: wincvs merging

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Jan 16 17:49:09 GMT 2006

douglass_davis at earthlink.net wrote:

> I use wincvs.  I have  a few files with branches.  I am also
> importing 3rd party sources.  What I would like to do is merge the
> one i have been working on (1.2) with the new source i just
> downloaded (1.1.1.2).  Because right now, I can't see the changes
> from the new source that i downloaded.

For merging you use the Update command. Enter the branch to merge with
on the Merge options tab of the Update dialog.

Note that if your server is not CVSNT and you repeat this then you will
get conflicts at this step unless you also specify the last mergepoint.
If your server is CVSNT then you don't need to bother about this as
CVSNT is mergepoint-aware.

> Also, does that little symbol on the revision in the picture mean
> that is the head revision?

No, it means that it is the revision that is currently checked out in
your sandbox. If you were to update to your vendor branch you would see
that symbol on the branch's tip revision (i.e. 1.1.1.2).

In this case 1.2 *is* the HEAD revision (i.e. the tip of the default
branch/trunk) but the icon in the graph view has nothing to do with
this.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver