[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt watch stuck...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 17 23:15:27 GMT 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:31:52 -0700, "Lehman, Curtis"
<CLehman at carrieraccess.com> wrote:

>Here is my question. Does anyone know were to look in CVS to remove watches.
>Specifically what file/field do I need to modify on a ,v file or
>configuration file to remove a watcher or turn of watches? (Bo and Tony, I'm
>hope you might be able to tell me what I need to modify under the hood to
>fix this problem.)

<repository folder>/CVS/fileattr.xml

If deleted all watches are gone (and also other interesting settings
like ACL:s).
Less drastic than actually deleting this file is to edit it and remove
the watch items.
Here is an example such a file from my test repository (which has seen
CVSNT versions from about 2.0.51 until 2.05.03.2114) :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fileattr>
  <file name="CopyofBosse.txt">
    <editor name="bosse">
      <hostname>eagle2</hostname>
      <pathname>C:\Engineering\TEST\StingRec\FineFiles</pathname>
      <time>Wed Dec 12 00:06:12 2001 GMT</time>
    </editor>
    <watcher name="bosse">
      <tcommit />
      <tedit />
      <tunedit />
    </watcher>
    <watcher name="kalle">
      <tcommit />
      <tedit />
      <tunedit />
    </watcher>
  </file>
  <directory>
    <acl user="bosse">
      <modified_by>AGIUSA\Bosse</modified_by>
      <modified_date>2006.01.17.23.10.32</modified_date>
      <all />
    </acl>
  </directory>
</fileattr>

As you can see deleting the file will alter the ACL on the directory
being controlled. But you can remove the watchers sections.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)