[cvsnt] How to get the new admin files in build 2214 into existing CVSROOT?

Mike Wake mike.wake at thalesgroup.com
Wed Jan 18 11:30:51 GMT 2006

Bo,

I have in the past run cvs init on an existing repository.  This added
any new files while leaving any existing file in place.  If you do this
you miss out on any new documentation/comments at the top of the
existing files so you probably want to do a diff between a checked out
version of CVSROOT of the old Repository and a checked out version of a
brand new (ie cvs init) test Repository and merge the relevant changes
in commments as well.

I would suggest that the way you have been doing it is essentially the
way it needs to be done.

Cheers
Mikew