[cvsnt] managing development/testing/release process

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:53:52 GMT 2006

On 1/17/06, Arthur Barrett <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:
> $0 for one of the best SCM engines available seems like too little ;).
>
> And $149 per annum per user for DevTrack is OK?
>
> Hmmm...

I understand your point.  Spending the money on tools is not really a
problem for me or the company I work for (we currently use a mixture
of MKS, ClearCase, and VSS - no where close to $0).  I was more
concerned about requesting a book for $150.  As you have explained, I
can get more value out of the suite than I thought, while staying in
my current working environment, which changes the sceanario to- $150
for a set of software which also comes with a  good book.

We are moving all company development to CVS (I suppose this could be
CVS, SVN, or CVSNT).  I am the one pushing CVSNT.  Most people are not
familiar with CVSNT, especially members of upper management, who have
a technical background, and CVS experience, and are driving this
decision.  I need to justify my recomendations/decisions.

Anyway, thanks for your input, and I will probably follow up more with
March-hare.

Mark Johnson