[cvsnt] How to get the new admin files in build 2214 into existing CVSROOT?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jan 18 21:33:30 GMT 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:30:15 +0000, Mike Wake
<mike.wake at thalesgroup.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:30:51 +0000, Mike Wake
>> <mike.wake at thalesgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Bo,
>>>
>>> I have in the past run cvs init on an existing repository.
>>
>> How did you do that?
>> I tried to do this on an existing repo but got this message back:
>>
>> cvs [init aborted]: Repository at c:/data/cvsrepo/cmp already exists.
>>

>I am STILL using 2.0.58d.  I am able to do the following on the server.
>
>cvs -d :local:/cvs_repos/CVSREPOS/MuckAround init
>
>where /cvs_repos/CVSREPOS/MuckAround is an existing repository.
>
>I guess it has been disallowed in the newer versions.

Appaers so:

C:\DATA>cvs -d :local:c:/data/cvsrepo/cmp init
cvs [init aborted]: Repository at c:/data/cvsrepo/cmp already exists.

C:\DATA>cvs -d :local:/data/cvsrepo/cmp init
cvs [init aborted]: Repository at /data/cvsrepo/cmp already exists.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)