Réf. : RE: Réf. : [cvsnt] Re: administrative files: I will get mad

feymard at stago.fr feymard at stago.fr
Thu Jan 19 16:42:30 GMT 2006

Great! Thanks for theses informations!

This script works standalone, but when it is called by veryfymsg, it catchs
nothing :( (the test with an empty line is every time true)
An idea?

                      "Michael Wojcik"
                      <Michael.Wojcik at micr        Pour :    <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
                      ofocus.com>                 cc :      (ccc : Franck-Sébastien EYMARD/GENNEVILLIERS/STAGO)
                      Envoyé par :                Objet :   RE: Réf. : [cvsnt] Re: administrative files: I will get mad
                      cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.
                      org

                      19/01/2006 15:12

If you're using XP or later, and you need to get input from stdin in a
command file, use "set /p".  For example:

             @echo off
             setlocal enableextensions
             set /p line=
             echo you entered "%line%"
             if "%line%" == "" echo empty string entered

Save that as "testinput.cmd", then try it with various combinations of
input.  Enter (or redirect, or pipe) a non-empty line, and it will echo it;
run it and just hit enter (or redirect a zero-length file into it, etc) and
it will tell you an empty string was entered.

"help set" will give you the full documentation, but that's really all
there is to it.  (And incidentally, if you're using NT or later, you should
use .cmd as the extention for script files running under cmd.exe.  There
are very few differences in the processing of .bat and .cmd in recent
versions of cmd.exe, but .cmd is current and .bat only retained for
compatibility.  Also, .cmd tells people that it's intended for cmd.exe.)

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus