[cvsnt] Re: building the cvs docs

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jan 19 23:06:04 GMT 2006

David Somers wrote:

> No its not valid, and that what xmlto (which runs xmllint) is picking up.
>
> You have a sect1 (at line 15337 - shadow-file), with two children, sect2
> (Keeping-a-checked-out-copy) and sect3 (Shadow-limitation). Its that sect3
> (starting line 15387) that is the problem: it must either be changed to be
> a sect2, or moved to be a child of the sect2.

Not in any current copy of the documents it isn't.

That was there for about a day - I think Bo hand edited it rather than
using an xml editor, and got it slightly wrong.

If you really must rebuild the documentation (I strongly recommend
downloading the standard ones and shipping that) then make sure that it
is *exactly* the same as the shipped documentation, including all the
filenames, and the version correctly inserted.  xmlto appears to
randomise the filenames which is incorrect & will lead to support issues.