[cvsnt] command cvs -n update

Alain Gauthier agauthier at index-education.fr
Fri Jan 20 13:46:27 GMT 2006

Dear all

I work with CVSNT as client on Windows XP and a CVS server on Linux.

On the client side, I type the command 'cvs -n update foo' on the DOS
command line interface :
In case of conflict or a need to merge with 'foo' I get not only the update
command output but  also 'foo' is modfied
as if I performed the command without option '-n'.
So foo is modified indicating the conflict blocks and the .#foo is created.

I haven't found any indication to this question :
Do you know if this is the normal behaviour of CVSNT ?

On Linux, the CVS option '-n' does not affect the working directory,
shouldn't it be like that with CVSNT ?

thank you for your help

Alain