[cvsnt] Re: How to compile cvsnt - again unable to....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 20 22:27:47 GMT 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:06:35 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>Now trying to set up my environment on the new XP-Pro SP2 PC I got a
>few months ago. I have now come to setting VS 2003 up for building
>CVSNT and I am again stuck...

I thought that maybe VS2003 was confused with old files so I went over
the whole CVSNT module and deleted all folders named "Release" ( there
were a lot of them) in order to force a rebuild of everything.
Before I did this VS2003 showed a message up-to-date on several places
even though my command was to build the solution, which to me would
mean to actually build everything.
After the delete it tried to build everything again.
But I was rewarded with no less than 178 build errors.

Must be something fundamentally erroneous with my setup, but what?
I have errors like:

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\pcre\pcre_info.c(82): error C2065:
'PCRE_FIRSTLINE' : undeclared identifier

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsapi\mdns_howl.h(29): fatal error
C1083: Cannot open include file: 'howl.h': No such file or directory

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsapi\win32\autoproxy.cpp(175): error
C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Vtbl'

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\cvsapi\postgres\PostgresRecordset.cpp(31):
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'libpq-fe.h': No such
file or directory

cvsservice fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\WinRel\cvsapi.lib'

f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\protocols\sspi.cpp(170): error C2065:
'server' : undeclared identifier

etc

By the way, is there any way to save the contents of the output window
where all of these errors reside into a file so one can examine them
one by one? I am obviously not really used to the VS2003 IDE...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)