[cvsnt] Re: WinCVS 2.0.2.4

Mike Wake mike.wake at thalesgroup.com
Mon Jan 23 10:18:41 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I saw something similar to this, last Friday, when I tried to install
the "Bare" form of WinCVS 2.0.2.4 and have it use a new version of CVSNT
2.5.03.2151 as the client rather than the old CVSNT 2.0.51d client that
comes bundled with it.

When I installed CVSNT 2.5.03.2151 (msi version) I chose the custom
install option and deselected "CVSNT Server" since I didn't want to set
up and run a service on this machine, just use it as a client.

This led to the cvs.exe executable not being installed and hence "Bare"
installation of WinCVS couldn't find it to use it.

To resolve it I reinstalled CVSNT this time allowing the CVSNT Server to
be installed.  This fixed the problem although I now had to manually
disable the unwanted CVSNT services.

Can the installer please be enhanced to allow a client only
installation, or is there some option I am missing?

Cheers
Mikew