[cvsnt] Dead cvs.exe processes

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jan 24 06:41:17 GMT 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:44:12 +1100, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>David,
>
>Are you using CruiseControl, ViewCVS or CVSWEB or any other "automated" processes which use CVS?  If a client fails to finish reading the output stream from the server process then it can result in a hung server process.

As far as I know about ViewCvs it does not use the cvsnt service to do
its thing.
It goes straight onto the RCS files and examines them using the
cvs.exe that is shipped with cvsnt as a replacement for GNUWin
rcs.exe, which does not work any longer.

And ViewCvs will only do this when it is painting a webpage on command
from the user.
If this will affect the cvsnt server preformance I don't know...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)