[cvsnt] Re: query regarding CVS

Zsolt Branyiczky zbranyiczky at mailbox.hu
Tue Jan 24 14:43:18 GMT 2006

sur esh wrote:
> hi,
>    i am working in a s/w organisation.they told me to
> install and configure CVS similar to Visual source
> safe in windows .i searched lot of google and other i
> cant able to find the mirror site for download.if any
> one knows send me the link of website i also want cvs
> client that run in windows.
>
>                                       A.suresh

Hi,

if you want a GUI-frontend for CVS(NT), try WinCVS on this link:
http://cvsgui.sourceforge.net/index.html

It is said it supports reserved edits (or exclusive checkouts), if you
want that feature (as VSS does).

You may find different CVSNT versions at
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Download

By the way, there are SCC2CVS interfaces, with their usage, you may use
a VSS client on CVS server (it would be a rather extreme case) :) But
sometimes if a developer tool supports just SCC, you might be forced to
its usage.

Regards
Brazso