[cvsnt] Re: Strange behaviour when use commit whith '-e' option (Keep edited files)

Vladimir vab at borlas.ru
Wed Jan 25 11:09:08 GMT 2006

Hello Tony,

>> Hello.
>>
>> We use commit whith '-e' option (Keep edited files). So we have faced
>> with strange behaviour of cvs.
>>
>> When we call "cvs unedit" after successful "cvs commit -e" CVS said
>> that file was changed (d_test_b.srd has been modified; revert changes?)
>> When we say "yes" file rollback to prev. version (before commit
>> operation). Is it expected behaviour?
>>
TH> Yes.  Unedit rolls back to the last edit.

But is it correct?

IMHO This makes commit option '-e' useless. Look. It is a real
situation when i do a serial of changes and after that "release" file
(notify other developers that i don't edit that file anymore). So i
have done many commits, but system persist that i lose my changes. And
more it revert my changes back (not in a repository but in a sandbox).

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vab at borlas.ru