[cvsnt] Dead cvs.exe processes

David Jackman David.Jackman at fastsearch.com
Wed Jan 25 21:06:01 GMT 2006

I actually was able to disable the AV checking, so we'll see if that has
any effect on things.

I may at some point have some spare time to set up scripts on the server
to trigger a build when a commit happens (but allowing for a quiet
period).  That won't be trivial, though.  And we will lose the ability
for CC to send emails to only those people that had commits involved
with the build, which isn't going to be popular.

So you're saying that most likely the 400+ cvs.exe processes I'm seeing
are all log processes that haven't finished yet?  Will the client
process finish and leave the server process still going?  That's the
only way it could get that many.  If the client side is still waiting
for the command to complete, then I should see at most 4 such processes
on the server (since that's the number of active threads on CC).

Also, I did a cvs log command on our largest project, and it completed
in just under 3 minutes (with 305 cvs.exe processes currently on the
server).  I shut down CC and waited 20 minutes, and only 2 of the 305
processes went away.