[cvsnt] OT IIS (was CVSNT + Web Application Implementation)

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Thu Jan 26 10:08:48 GMT 2006

> From: [...] Luigi D. Sandon
> I guess IIS could be binded to 127.0.0.1 without installing
> the loopback adapter.

Annoyingly, it can't (to my knowledge) - not one of the options in the
GUI.  Hence the rather grotty workaround to what should have been a
perfectly simple problem!

> Also, Windows firewall could be used to stop
> incoming connection on
> port 80 (although a firewall may have other effects is not properly
> configured).

Indeed.  This presupposes an OS with Windows Firewall (or RRAS), but
it's an appropriate solution if you've already got the firewall turned
on or are willing to risk some network instability while you turn it on
and tune the configuration.

None of which helps the OP, but hey :-).

		- Peter