[cvsnt] Re: Exactly which CVSNT files are needed for a client only???

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 08:20:20 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:13:00 -0300, "Gabriel Genellina"
> <gagenellina at softlab.com.ar> wrote:
>
> > I've noticed the same thing in many previous releases, but I
> > believed the problem was that I were intalling onto Windows 98.
>
> Not supported...

Since when? According to cvsnt.wxs the installer definitely still
includes the cvs95.exe and secur32_Win98.dll (expanded to secur32.dll
on installation) plus the accompanying platform conditionals and that's
how I do it in my Inno installer as well. AFAIK only the server part is
not supported on Wintendo (and never was). Not sure how the MSI handles
this but with my Inno installer you don't even get to choose the server
components in that case.

So, yes, cvs.exe would not be installed on Wintendo, only cvs95.exe
will.

Maybe you're confusing this with WinCvs (which really is not officially
supported - but works nevertheless IIRC)?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
MSN:  ogiesen at hotmail.com