[cvsnt] How to install rpm for cvsnt on SuSE 10? Where islibmysqlclient.so?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Jan 30 06:44:18 GMT 2006

Siegfried,

The MySQL client is a dependency of the audit database trigger.  CVSNT
triggers require the mysql client 3.23 not 4.0/4.1, the simplest way to
get this is with the shared client "compatible" support.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/linux-rpm.html

Eg:
rpm -I MySQL-shared-compat-VERSION.i386.rpm

If you are not going to enable the auditing the you can install the
CVSNT rpm with "--nodeps" option.

I have updated the FAQ.

Regards,

Arthur