[cvsnt] Possible bug with :sspi: in the newer builds.

Jurko Gospodnetiæ mangled at to.avoid.spam
Tue Jan 31 10:36:56 GMT 2006

  Hi all.

  I've noticed a different CVSNT behaviour in the newer
builds related to how :sspi: login is done when compared
to some of the older versions.

  Now it seems to use the current user's local login to log
on to the server instead the one remembered by the OS.
(And :sspi: was introduced to better integrate CVSNT
with the OS.)

  The same behaviour has been reproduced with the server
running Server: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 and with
clients running both 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151 and the
older 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2064. Server machine is
running Windows 2003 Server SP1 and client machines
are running fully updated Windows XP Professional SP2.

  Smells like a bug, but I am by no means an expert so
I could be wrong. If I am wrong, could someone please
explain this behaviour to me?

 Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetiæ