[cvsnt] Tool for analyzing network traffic anywhere?

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Mon Jul 3 13:11:33 BST 2006

> From: Bo Berglund
> it would be good to have a tool that is able to analyze the
> TCP/IP traffic through a particular network connection by application,
> TCP/IP port, destination address and amount of data sent/received per
> time increment. Maybe even graping the usage.

Any sniffer that will save a timestamp on each packet and will save to
CSV (or something that can be converted to CSV) would do the job.  I've
a feeling the standard Microsoft sniffer will do that, but it's not on
any of the boxes I have access to here.  Then load the CSV into Excel,
make a pivot table (or chart to get your graph), and you're done.

		- Peter