[cvsnt] $Date$ format in cvsnt?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jul 6 16:02:46 BST 2006

David Somers wrote:
> If I was going to change the date format, I'd only change it in
> keyword substitutions (e.g. $Date$, $Id$, etc.)... would probably be
> nice to have it in cvs log too, but I suspect too many apps that
> parse the format directly would break if anything changes.

They only have the trigger information, and whereas there are plans to
improve that for 2.5.04 (eg. return code in postcommit) I'm not sure
I'll be able to get hold of the date in any generic format... if I could
I'd get day/month/year etc. in separate variables for parsing by
CVSROOT/keywords (so you could make any date format you wanted).

IIRC cvshome made cvs log produce local time by default (rather than as
an option as it is in cvsnt) and even that small change screwed up many
frontends...