[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT for Server and Client !

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jul 7 07:51:01 BST 2006

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:09:12 -0700 (PDT), Le Quoc Thai
<lqthai2004 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello !
>
>  ++ Server CVS version : Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03
>
>  ++ Server operating system : Windows XP
>
>  ++ Client CVS version : CvsntClient-2.5.3.2382
>
>  ++ Client operating system : Windows XP
>
>  So, Can I continues my work that don't need install other (ex: TortoiseCVS, WinCVS,..etc.) ?

For a working system you need to install the CVSNT server version on
the server PC and the CVSNT client version on the client PC:s.
Notice that cvs is the same for both server and client, the difference
is only that the server also installs the cvsservice, which listens
for remote calls to cvs.

You don't need any other software to use cvs, but if you want a
simpler way of working then a graphic front end like WinCvs or an
Explorer plug-in like Tortoise may help your users get along.

When posting you should give more complete info:
CVSNT version must include the 4-digit build number
Operating system must be complete (XP-Pro versus XP-Home)
Operating system should also specify the service pack level
Antivirus used on the server should also be specified since some such
product interfere with CVSNT operations.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)