[cvsnt] Lock Retry Interval and Retry Count

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Wed Jul 19 15:52:38 BST 2006

They agreed to upgrade the server a while back.  It just hasn't happened
yet.  It's the usual story: they need a period when they have time to do
it and the development teams can all cope with possible disruption if
something goes wrong, and those two events rarely coincide.

Tony's other suggestions (such as not committing the results of test
builds) are good, but each development team here makes its own decisions
about just what to put in CVS, and many have simply taken to throwing
everything into the repository.  Not long ago I finally got rid of
thousands of intermediate object files and the like from ours...

On the other hand, when I started at my previous employer, there was no
source change management at all - just lots of dated backups on file
servers, floppies, and tapes.  One of the first things I did there was
port RCS to Windows and OS/2, and create a distributed RCS for OS/400.
At least here at MF we're erring on the side of caution.

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer

michael.wojcik at microfocus.com
9420 Key West Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Direct: 517 676 0892
What would you like Micro Focus to do for you? Contribute your view by
visiting
http://www.microfocus.com/CustomerInsight.asp