[cvsnt] CVSNT is crashing

Beale, James H. JAMES.H.BEALE at saic.com
Wed Jul 19 19:53:53 BST 2006

I have cvsnt version 2.5.03.2382 installed on a Windows 2000 SP 4 machine.

I created a repository and was able to login remotely using WinCVS.  I
imported a module and was able to check out the CVSROOT folder.  I edited
the modules file, added the imported module, and committed the changes.
The server reported success with "Rebuilding administrative file database".

Everything is fine up to this point.

When I try to check out the new module, I get the following:

cvs -d :pserver;username=administrator;hostname=10.10.60.12;port=2401:/LFT
checkout -P -- Client (in directory C:\temp)
cvs checkout: cwd=C:\temp ,current=C:\temp
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

When I check the EventViewer I see that cvsnt crashed with a dmp file.
I looked at the dmp file with some MS tools but wasn't able to determine
the cause of the crash.

I also installed on a Windows 2003 box and got the exact same results.

What is going on?  Please throw some light on this situation!!

Thanks,
Jim Beale
SAIC -- King of Prussia, PA