[cvsnt] cvs [2.5.03.2382] admin -s fails

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jul 20 15:12:42 BST 2006

Michael Wojcik wrote:
> This was discussed on the list in February of this year; see the thread
> titled "Problem wit binary files after upgrading server from 2.5.01.1976
> to 2.5.03.2151".

That was put down to a bug in a specific redhat glibc build... it never repeated.

This is different - using an old RCS function that probably bitrotted years
ago...  easiest thing to do is just remove it if it's not an obvious fix.

> (If I had time and a reproducible testcase, I'd track this down myself;

It's easy enough so test - just run testcvs with valgrind active.  The
testcvs.py already has the lines commented out in it (although they need some
updating).