[cvsnt] Re: cvs [2.5.03.2382] admin -s fails

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Jul 21 14:17:45 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>> Odd thing being that /usr/lib/cvsnt/database/postgres.la does exist.
>
> Does the .so (or whatever it is on your platform) exist?  You might have
> the .la from an old release.

The corresponding .so is there.
I completely rm -rf'd the directories and did a
complete ./configure/make/install cycle.

> I've been reworking the database code so might have broken some things -

I saw that you were refactoring things (yep, Oracle is a pain to install and
get working.)

> but the libraries should still at least load.

I tried with 2.5.04.2400 and its failing to load.
Do I need to tweak LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to all the /usr/lib/cvsnt/*
dirs?

>> How do you set them globally? I thought they could only be set on
>> revisions.
>
> Directly via admin -p.

Ah, I forgot about that (I don't use admin often)

(BTW, doing cvs admin -p FRED blah will bomb on linux... corrupted
double-linked list ... probably tries to free the non-specified val... will
try to debug later).

> 2.6 will have a proper command for it... for now that's the only way of
> doing it.

ok.

--
David Somers