[cvsnt] Re: Best way to check out missing subdir?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Sat Jul 22 16:35:58 BST 2006

Glen Starrett wrote:

>> To completely avoid checkout, maybe something like this would do it:
>>
>>   md dirToCloak
>>   cvs add dirToCloak
>>   cvs up -r inexistentTag dirToCloak
>
> Could also use a date.  That'll still be sticky and not leave any temp
> tags in your system (the command would fail if the tag didn't actually
> exist).

I didn't know that it needs an existing tag. Tagging to an inexistent date
sounds pretty good, though.

Thanks a lot for your help -- I feel now that I have a solution for the
last feature I've been missing from VSS times :)  Next time I need it, I'll
try it out and probably script something.

Gerhard