[cvsnt] Was: Single-commit on branch

Marcel Stör marcel at frightanic.com
Tue Jul 25 14:47:53 BST 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> Marcel Stör wrote:
>
>> Following the docs I expected this to work just fine:
>> I need to disallow the user "theuser" write-access to branch
>> "mybranch" in project "myproject". C:\CVS is the root path to the
>> repository.
>
> Root path of the /repository/ or of a /sandbox/? cvs chacl is to be
> used in a sandbox. I'm not sure, but I think there is no single cvs
> command that can be used in the repository; they are all for use in a
> sandbox.

Geee, now I'm totally confused. It's a fact that our admin installed CVSNT
in C:\Programme\CVSNT, and it is also a fact that I see all the projects
under C:\CVS. Whether this a repository or a sandbox I don't know. I guess
I'll have to look this up in your manual... There are two directories
C:\CVS\CVSROOT and C:\CVS\CVSTEMP. Based on David's comment it looks as if
our admin had f... up the installation!?
So, at this point I've got two questions for you:
Do I need to move the C:\CVS dir (excl. root and temp) to a different
location?
Access permissions as desired can only be set if I do so?

--
Marcel Stör
http://www.frightanic.com -> free Sudoku mailing service