[cvsnt] cvs security

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Wed Jul 26 16:10:22 BST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:34:03 +0200, "Mik" <plutonix99 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Tony, I know it
>
>> It's not that common to create new modules - typically it's done at the
>start
>> of a new project so it's no problem for the admin to setup.
>>
>> If you want to isolate the users like that simply create a module per user
>and
>> have them work under that... or have them all use their own local
>> repositories..  seems an odd thing to want though - the whole point of a
>> system like cvs is so that teams can collaborate.
>>
>but in my realm I have 5-10 users for each module and actually there are
If you have 5-10 users per vmodule, then why do you want to isolate
all of them except a single user from the module???

>just about 80 modules. Keep in mind that repository is on Linux RH server,
>the development enviroment is on local PC

Wich is exactly how you should use CVS...

>and users work with WinCVS so is not so easy for me create a new module.

Huh???
Why is it difficult to create a new module with WinCvs?
That is one of the more easy things to do, really? Did you bother to
read the usage docs availale for WinCvs and Cvs?

/Bo Berglund