[cvsnt] Deleting a Version

Jörg Model jmodel at inatec.com
Mon Jul 31 07:25:20 BST 2006

muhammad kamran schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>   Is it possible that i can delete a particular version of a file.
>   e.g., there is a file
>
>   "doc.txt 1.5"
>   I want to delete "1.4" or the "latest 1.5" version of the file.Can i do it.
>
>   Please guide me
>
>   Regards,
>   kamran

>  Everyone is raving about the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Call

#~>: cvs update -r 1.3 -p doc.txt > doc.txt

in an up-to-date sandbox and commit it again. ( the '-p' make cvs to print the
content to STDOUT. The upper  command retrieves version 1.3 of the file and
prints it into the sandbox version of the file. )

If You really want to delete the version 1.4 of the file (so that it cannot be
retieved again - You need to do it directly in the repository - not recommended)

Regards Jörg