[cvsnt] Perltidy on commit

Jörg Model jmodel at inatec.com
Mon Jul 31 07:49:55 BST 2006

Hello,

I am trying to set up a cvsnt server (change from cvs to cvsnt) and want to
force a certain program to run before the commit is done. (The program is
perltidy and it helps to format the commited Perl sources in a suitable way)

I try this with the 'commitinfo' file from  CVSROOT directory andf the help of a
pretty sophisticated  script called 'cvscop.pl' (see
'http://cvscop.sourceforge.net/'). So far evrything works fine (although the
'commitinfo' and the 'verifymsg' seem to behave slighty different as I was used
from cvs )

Now the question: How can I make cvsnt to update automatically the sandbox after
commiting? (The problem is that in the repository after the commit there exists
a tidy version of the perl source and in the sandbox an untidy version. But of
course the untidy version in the sandbox is marked by cvsnt as 'up-to-date'
although it differs from the checked in version)

Thanks a lot

Jörg Model