[cvsnt] Re: shadow operations bug in builds 2330 and 2344

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jun 1 10:17:32 BST 2006

David Somers wrote:
> Bo Berglund wrote:
>> There were a half douzen other manifest files missing (what *is* this
>> manifest thing really???) too...
>
> Enables XP theme activation?

An app without XP themes on vista looks bl$$dy awful...  You also specify
privilege elevation requirements via the manifest (although I've been able to
get away without it so far).

>> Strangely a regular update won't fish out these files not even if the
>> create missing dirs flag is set. Maybe a new "feature" or bug of
>> 2.6.01 (Villa) Build 2306, which is used on the CVSNT site??

Should work... you might be seeing a manifestation of old bugs if you haven't
updated in a while.  Also 2.5.03 made all the directory branches into tags
(old bug) and I've been manually fixing them as 2.6 now honors that data.