[cvsnt] ACL on files: Bug or user error?

João Carlos Mendes Luis jonny at jonny.eng.br
Fri Jun 2 17:14:46 BST 2006

Hi,

     I am trying to start using ACLs on cvsnt repo.  It worked as expected on directories, but maybe
I found a bug when dealing with ACLs on files.

     I give the user "read" permission on the directory, and "none" permission on all files.  Then I
give "read" permission to a specific file.  It works for update, denying user access to the blocked
files, but a checkout can read every file on the directory despite its permissions.

    What I want to do is to allow the user access to only some files, preferably default to none,
and explicitly to some.

     If it matters, the client is a Linux Fedora, and the server is a FreeBSD.

     Thanks in advance for a quick answer, we just need this to finish deployment of CVS access to
new employees.

	Jonny