[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jun 2 22:41:09 BST 2006

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:57:54 +0200, "Webmaster33"
<webmaster33 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I understand these dependency problems.
>How could be these tracked down?

I am not a CVSNT developer and I have no clue as to what depends on
what except by experience over the years...

>> Also, did you try to create an empty file with the name cvs.exe.local
>> in the install dir? That might help because then the local libraries
>> are loaded first.
>
>No, but now I will try this.
>
>Ok, tried.
>Created the empty C:\Winprg\cvsnt\cvs.exe.local file,
>started the control panel, but still doesn't start.
>This is how you meant to do?

Yes, and it is based on an experiment I did a week ago to see the
effects of having multiple cvsnt versions in different folders and
trying to start cvs in these folders. Before adding the empty file the
cvs.exe start failed in some of the versions. But after adding it to
the cvs software folders each version did start and used its local
dll:s too. I looked at this via SysInternal:s Process Explorer.

Thought it worth a shot in this case also, but maybe the file should
be named cvsnt.cpl.local or simcpl.cpl.local instead?
Apparently it controls how Windows loads a program dependencies.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)