[cvsnt] Re: Branch merging - this seems wrong...

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Mon Jun 5 19:18:18 BST 2006

> But they *have* changed - you've inserted the changes from
> the trunk.   That
> must be recorded, otherwise cvsnt wouldn't be doing its job.

Well, let say the file of the HEAD has changed so merge from HEAD to the
branch changes the file. Ok we have another revision in the branch.
However after merge from the branch to the HEAD the file is committed
even if no other changes were done in the branch or in the HEAD since
the merge.

Couldn't commit avoid files with zero diffs ?

Jan