[cvsnt] Migrating away from CVSNT?

Chris Boot chris.boot at abacustree.com
Tue Jun 6 15:06:49 BST 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of investigating how we might migrate our
CVSNT repository (currently on an Windows Server machine) to Subversion
or some other RCS. So far I've not had any luck at all running the usual
Subversion conversion scripts, such as cvs2svn and refinecvs, both of
which fail in their unique and individual ways. One of the main issues
I've hit is that the actual RCS files (,v) in many cases just don't seem
valid to the various scripts, so the conversion aborts or lots of files
simply don't get migrated.

Has anyone successfully migrated from CVSNT? What other revision control
systems can import repositories from CVSNT?

Many thanks,
Chris

The information in this e-mail is confidential.  The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and inform the sender of your action by reply e-mail.

We cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message.  If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please contact the sender.

Abacus Tree Ltd do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of information in this message, and any views expressed are not necessarily the views of the company.

We cannot accept any responsibility for any disruption or loss to your data or computer systems that may occur whilst using any program or document attached to this message.