[cvsnt] Re: unexpected '\x0' reading revision number in RCS file

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Tue Jun 6 17:06:36 BST 2006

Jesse wrote:
> Sorry, by 1/10 of this thread, I actually meant 1/10 of the support.cvsnt
> message board.  It was hyperbole, and apparently outdated at that.  But it
> seems that there are bugs in build 2260 (re: [cvsnt] Re: Can no longer
> commit binary files (w/delta) after
> 2260update (audit-issue?) ) a thread that you actually commented on.

Hi Jesse,

The specific issue you mention had to do with auditing enabled at the
same time as binary deltas.  The problem was in the audit plugin and has
since been fixed, and it didn't affect the binary files themselves.

> But my statement was actually in respose to Glen's comment that I should
> upgrade.  I am wary about changing anything if people are having problems
> ( hardly an noble sentiment, I know).

I completely agree.  You were using an old server with known bugs that
is no longer supported on this list.

> The bug was caused myself.  I forgot to decriment the bytes my converter had
> read when it hit the EOF, causing the zero'd out buffer to be one character
> too long... a null character was thus added to the end.
>
> Took a while to find.

I'm glad you got it straightened out.

Regards,

--