[Cvsnt] Newbie, "No such repository" error on create repository

Rick Genter rgenter at silverlink.com
Tue Jun 6 19:21:00 BST 2006

My mistake. From the nongnu.org version of CVS, server.c:

/* The Authentication Protocol.  Client sends:
     *
     *   BEGIN AUTH REQUEST\n
     *   <REPOSITORY>\n
     *   <USERNAME>\n
     *   <PASSWORD>\n
     *   END AUTH REQUEST\n
     *
     * Server uses above information to authenticate, then sends
     *
     *   I LOVE YOU\n
     *
     * if it grants access, else
     *
     *   I HATE YOU\n
     *
     * if it denies access (and it exits if denying).

This is from the void function pserver_authenticate_connection().

As Tony said: it's part of the basic protocol and cannot be changed
without breaking every existing CVS server in the world (both CVSNT and
nongnu.org CVS).

--
Rick Genter
Principal Engineer

proprietary information, and may only be used by the person or entity to
which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail
immediately.