[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt Digest, Vol 42, Issue 13

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 7 11:30:26 BST 2006

Chris Boot wrote:
> Well I'm not the one making the decisions, but it seems like the users
> have had lots of trouble with commits that magically disappear and other
> such weird and wonderful failures.

The #1 problem with new untrained users is they keep their editors open and
overwrite the updated code with their old code then commit it... it's why in
our training course we say you should close all editors before committing (the
training course covers a lot of ground and is recommended if you're serious
about implementing SCM).

Changing source control system won't solve that of course...

You can always recover the changes (and you even know who removed them from
the commit logs) - nothing is ever lost.