[cvsnt] Adding Module "Bad CVSROOT"

Greg gwadsworth at mehtatech.com
Thu Jun 8 23:35:46 BST 2006

David wrote:

>Could still be a firwall/network config issue. This is on Linux or Windows?

Sorry this is a Windows 2000 Domain.  CVSNT server is running on a Windows 2000 Server,
which is also one of the domain controllers.  The second system is running Windows 2000 Professional.  Both systems are on the same
subnet on the same side of the hardware firewall.  I need to go and check the 2kPro machines firewall settings.  While testing I
disabled virus protection on the Server.  It is not running a firewall.

>Make new module only appears when a directory is selected.
>Checkout will only appear on a file when you are working in a sandbox, or on
>a directory which hasn't yet been checked out.

When I ran checkout the system asked me to authenticate, as expected, but failed authentication on both attempts.  The first time
when running as my user, the second when using my domain admin user.  Both user have full permissions to all the directories CVSNT
should need to get to.

>Its probably best to start with the command line client and make sure things
>work from that before delving into Tortoise (since its harder to determine
>whether the problem is with cvsnt or with the way you're using Tortoise).

I will give this a shot tomorrow.

Greg.

--
David Somers