[cvsnt] Re: DLLs again

Torsten Martinsen torsten at vip.cybercity.dk
Sun Jun 11 20:57:54 BST 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

>Torsten Martinsen wrote:
>

>>Actually, TortoiseCVS only calls cvs.exe with a path if there is a
>>cvs.exe in the TortoiseCVS installation folder. Otherwise, it simply
>>calls cvs.exe, i.e. it will pick up the version in the PATH.
>>

>Does that mean that TCVS would run correctly with any (stable and
>reasonably recent) cvsnt version?

Possibly. In practice, experience shows that each time I bundle a new
version of CVSNT with TortoiseCVS, problems turn up (such as when
sandboxes on network drives suddenly required -N).

>If so, why don't you let the user specify
>the location of the cvs.exe it should use (and possibly whether it should
>install cvsnt at all)?

To keep things as simple as possible (one preference setting less), and
to avoid unforeseen problems when the user upgrades their CVSNT version.

-Torsten