[cvsnt] DLLs again

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Mon Jun 12 12:20:29 BST 2006

Jacob Kjome wrote:

>>> I just installed the latest unstable version of TortoiseCVS and ran for
>>> the first time into the DLL problem,
>
> Is this DLL problem why TortoiseCVS-1.9.12 is so messed up?  The icons
> wouldn't work in explorer.

I don't have that problem. My problem was that the sspi protocol wouldn't
work, apparently because the interface between cvs.exe and the protocol DLL
changed between 2151 and 2230, and due to a change in how cvs.exe talks to
its DLLs, the cvs.exe build 2230 installed by TCVS tried to talk to the
protocol DLL installed by cvsnt build 2151.

> The previously stored config options disappeared when I uninstalled
> 1.9.11 and installed 1.9.12 (all options have stayed in the registry
> after uninstall/install in the past on WinXP, though not on Win2K).

This is also something I experience, at least with the unstable releases. I
guess that's what you have to put up with if you work with unstable
releases :)

> Please let me know if this stuff is more TortoiseCVS specific than CVSNT
> specific.

Your problems sound TCVS specific to me. I can't see how cvsnt would cause
that.

Gerhard