[cvsnt] Re: Excessive delays with files > ~800KB

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 13 21:03:14 BST 2006

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:29:28 -0400, John Hardin <jhardin at epicor.com>
wrote:

>Operations (commit, update, diff) involving large
>individual files (larger than about 800KB) experience

This is not a particularly large file...
If you had said 800 Mb I would have agreed tit is s large file, but
800 kb is nothing, really.
The problem is not connected with the file size for this size anyway.
Look elsewhere.
(Or if the file is a binary file and you have already stored many
revisions, then the RCS file in the repository may be very large and
this will make CVSNT run into performance issues like disk swapping
etc depending on available RAM...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)