[cvsnt] Re: Create tag on older version

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jun 15 05:56:35 BST 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:08:24 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>
>> At Wednesday 14/6/2006 16:17, David Somers wrote:
>
>>>This is a fairly standard mailing list system.
>
>FWIW, it doesn't seem to be really "standard"... It's a private newsgroup
>and a mailing list, both apparently reflected on each other. But apparently
>not 100%: While I see Gabriel's first and second messages in the newsgroup,
>I don't see David's message in between.

People who don't use the newsgroup and are responding to a message
received by email quite often do not use the Reply-All or Reply-Group
function, they use Reply instead. This sends their reply ONLY to the
person who wrote the message they are replying to. Such replies
obviously will get neither to the list nor to the newsgroup.
I believe this is why the message is missing.

>So it seems that it may be that a message didn't go one way or the other...
>I only watch the newsgroup, so I can't tell whether everything that gets
>sent to the newsgroup also gets sent out to the list (and whether
>everything sent to the list appears in the newsgroup).

Everything sent to the newsgroup also gets to the mail list and
everything sent to the list gets to the newsgroup. But replies sent in
private to only one person does not of course...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)