[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT does not support *large* binary files (crashes on them)

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Jun 18 23:39:26 BST 2006

Serge Nikulin wrote:

> Please consider a situation of 1 byte binary file.
> Then consider 1 billion changes in this file.
> As a result file.bin,v will be *large* binary file.

I think that situation is a bit unrealistic.

> The same logic is appliable to text files.

Again, unrealistic.

As I said before, cvs really isn't designed for revisioning *very large*
binary files... when dealing with very large files (like your iso images)
I'd say you should look more into an archive management system than a
[source code] revision management system.

Perhaps you could explain more of the _why_ you need to commit *very large*
binaries into a cvs repository.

--
David Somers
PGP Key = 7E613D4E