[cvsnt] Checkout HEAD and update to TAG faster thatn update with TAG?

Tue Jun 20 14:30:22 BST 2006

Hello,

I would like to get some confirmation on the following subjective perception:

I am working on a CVS server which is heavily loaded (i will send a
separate mail for this ;-) ). When I do a

cvs co -r <tag> <module> on the client, nothing happens for several minutes.

But when i do

cvs co <module>
cvs up -r <tag> <module>

, I get the module contents within acceptable time (below above
mentioned several minutes).

Does anyone share this observation?

Best regards
 Tobias