[cvsnt] Re: How to delete a branch and revision when created in eclipse

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 20 15:31:36 BST 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:50:28 +0530, rashmi.singh at power.alstom.com
wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>Please let me know how to delete a branch when created in eclipse.
>I have created a branch which is misnamed , and i want to delete it.

If it is "misnamed" then what you want to do is change the name of the
branch and this can be done in two steps in CVSNT:
1) Create an alias tag on the branch
2) remove the original branch tag

Now you have the same branch still in CVS but with the new name...

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)