[cvsnt] Excessive delays with files > ~800KB

John Hardin jhardin at epicor.com
Thu Jun 22 22:40:38 BST 2006

John Hardin sez:

> New data point: on my problematic desktop I checked out using cygwin
> CVS and tried an update and saw much the same delay behavior.
>
> I then tried to scp the file to the cvs server and saw the same thing.
>
> I am now performing network troubleshooting tests with our IT admin.
>
> Bizarre. The computer on the desk right next to it, running through
> the same mini-switch, has *no* problems...

<grumble>

It was a marginal CAT6 cable on the server. Swapped it out, problems
disappeared.

I *don't* understand how the problem was inconsistent across clients,
though. *everything in the office* communicated with the CVS server via that
cable.

Ah, well. Sorry I've been such a pain, and thanks for your patience and all
your suggestions. At least it got me to stir my stumps and update the cvs
software on the server... :)

--
John Hardin KA7OHZ
Senior Applications Developer, RetailCRM Development

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose
or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have
taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but
we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this
message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by
software viruses.