[cvsnt] cvsnt bugID

Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com
Fri Jun 23 15:51:27 BST 2006

> > > I would like to use the bugID attribute and check that
> > against our bug
> > > tracking tool.
> > In a Perl script you need to look in the CVS directory, I
> think it's
> > Entries.Extra from memory.  Parse that file to find the name of the
> > file being committed then check for a bug ID.
> >
>  I just looked there and in the Entries file.  No Luck.  You

Ok, if I use the edit command with the -b option then an entry is made
into the Entries.Extra file.  But if you use commit -B <bugid> then you
don't get an entry.  So every thing is written on the client side until
the commit is finished and then the bugid is written to the repository
information I think.

So to make this work, I need to have a client side script (macro for
winCVS) that parses the entries.extra file and then runs the checks.  Is
there anyway to implement on the server side?  Is there a winCVS or
tortoise client that has this out of the box?

Thanks
Joseph